Welcome to LOST Spoilers at The ODI

WARNING: There are MANY MAJOR LOST Season 6 Finale Spoilers now posted and the Spoiler Warning will remain at RED until the show ends.

The site is being updated daily. If you think you have a scoop, then please click on the following button or to browse the site use the drop down menu to select a subject.




Francois Chau Interview - More of Dr. Candle in Season 5!!

So ever since returning from Comic Con and watching the new leaked Dharma video I was thinking it would be cool if someone could interview Francois Chau, the actor who plays Dr. Pierre Chang aka Dr. Candle (Wickmund and Haliwax).

Well guess what!? Our good friend Josh over at Lostspoilers.org scored an interview!! Not only did he get the interview he was able to get some potential spoilers for Season 5 of LOST.

Chau confirmed that we are supposed to see more of Dr. Candle in Season 5 and that Orchid Video Locke watched was 1 of 3 videos. Chau also confirmed that he knew who the crying baby and voice behind the camera are, but could not reveal the info.

Either way this is a great little interview and worth the read.

Thanks again to Josh for the heads up.

LS: Let’s start with some of the basic questions: Do you watch Lost?

FC: I did not watch it regularly in the beginning, but I do now. It’s hard to enjoy sometimes because I know what’s going to happen.

LS: Do you have a favorite character on the show?

FC: I don’t really have a favorite character in the show.

When you auditioned, who exactly were you auditioning for? Dr. Marvin Candle? Dr. Mark Wickmund? Man from orientation film?

I auditioned for the character of “Dr. Marvin Candle”. The other alias came later.

Why do you think your character’s aliases all refer to candles? (candle, wick, wax)

I think the writers are just having some fun, but it’s “Lost” so I could be wrong.

You’ve never actually had any scenes with any of the main cast, even though you’ve been in 3 out of 4 seasons so far. If you had the possibility, who would you like to work with the most?

Given the chance, I would like to work with my friend Yun Jin, who plays “Sun”, and also with “Desmond”.

I did a play with Ian in London almost 15 years ago.

Do you have any theories on your characters whereabouts? Is he dead? Is he somewhere on the island?

I don’t have any theories about “Dr. Candle”. I would like him to still be alive somewhere on the island, but if you saw the ‘08 ComicCon video, I guess he’s not. Or maybe he is… Who knows.

When you go to Hawaii for filming, are you given any additional information about your character, besides what is in the script? For example, why your character has a fake arm?

I am not given any additional info on my character or any thing else other than what’s in the script.

At Comic Con in 2007, Damon and Carlton released a behind the scenes cut of the Orchid orientation video. Close to a year later, the original Orchid video was show in the season 4 finale. Did you film both videos at the same time, back in 2007, or did you have to go back to Hawaii this year as well?

We shot the ‘07 ComicCon video in LA a couple of weeks before the convention. I went to Hawaii almost a year later to shoot the same video for the show.

In the latest finale episode, Locke was watching the Orchid orientation video when it suddenly started rewinding. Was there any more of the video filmed, or were we shown everything?

The Orchid video you saw was all that was filmed at the time, but it is supposed to be 1 of 3 orientation films for the Orchid Station, so you might see some more later.

What did you think of the new direction the show took in the season 3 finale, by introducing flash forwards?

I thought it was a brilliant idea to have the “flash forwards”. I can’t wait to see what they come up with next.

The producers have said that season 5 will focus more on the Dharma Initiative. Do you know when we might see your character again? Were you told anything in advance?

I am told that we will see a little more of “Dr. Candle” in season 5. How much more, I don’t know.

What was filming in Hawaii like? Do you have any memorable stories from being there on the set?

Filming in Hawaii is great! As far as interesting stories on the set goes, sorry, it’s just me by myself so there is nothing to tell.

Are you working on any upcoming projects? What can we expect to see you in next?

I have just finished a webseries called “Gemini Division” with Rosario Dawson. I think it will premiere on Aug. 18.

Where and when was the latest Marvin Candle (or Pierre Chang) video filmed?

The ‘08 ComicCon video was filmed here in LA a week before the convention.

In the beginning of the video there is a baby crying off screen. Do you happen to know who this child is? Could it be your character’s son? Is it someone we already know? Some fans have been speculating that it could be Miles.

Yes, I know who the “crying baby” is, but you will have to keep on speculating for a while longer because I can’t say just yet. Sorry.

In the video, your character still has both of his arms, but it seems that he knows that he will lose one of them soon. Do you know how it happened? It could not have been in the purge, because he said he died in the purge, and we’ve seen him alive with a fake left arm.

I was only following the directions in the script about the arm. I don’t know anymore.

Dr. Chang tells us that the information comes to him from a credible source. Can you tell us who this source is? Is it the voice behind the camera?

The “credible” source of Pierre Chang’s info is from the voice behind the camera, but I can’t tell you who it is.

Speaking of the person filming Dr. Chang, his voice sounds very familiar! Do you know who it is?

Yes, I know who’s voice it is, but again, can’t tell you.

Can you tell us how this video will play into the future of the show? Could this mean that we will see more of your character?

As I said earlier, yes, I think we will see a little more of “Dr. Candle” in season 5.

Source: LOSTSpoilers.org